CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, April 3, 2009

Jonas and Cyrus Siblings to Team Up for Miyazaki Movie

Miley Cyrus and Nick Jonas aren’t the only Cyrus and Jonas family members working together on new projects these days. Noah Cyrus, Miley’s 9-year-old little sister, and Frankie Jonas, 8, better known as the Bonus Jonas, are voice actors in the animated flick, “Ponyo,” by “Spirited Away” director Hayao Miyazaki.

“I actually have a movie coming out call ‘Ponyo,’ ” Noah told the Press Association about the movie. “I play a goldfish in it, and I wanna be a human in it, and my best friend is a human, and I think that’s where I get it from, and then I turn into a human. The guy who plays my best friend in it is Frankie Jonas, the Jonas Brothers’ little brother.”

“Ponyo,” which was released as “Ponyo on a Cliff by the Sea” in Japan last July, will be released stateside on August 14, according to Slashfilm.com.

Cate Blanchett, Matt Damon, Tina Fey, Cloris Leachman, Liam Neeson, Lily Tomlin and Betty White have also been cast to do voices in the film. According to Slashfilm, Disney hopes to make the American release of “Ponyo” Miyazaki’s “biggest hit ever Stateside.” “Spirited Away” earned more than $10 million dollars stateside.

Source: MTV’s Movie Blog

0 comments: